Wichita Mold Remediation
Mold. Among property owners and managers, there are few words that cause more worry. Mold and mildew can spread rapidly, negatively affecting air quality and potentially leading to allergic reactions and other health concerns. If left unchecked, a mold infestation can even render a building uninhabitable for safety reasons.
The good news is that there are solutions—mold can be remediated. Help begins with a call to your local Reddi team. Our mold remediation specialists will act quickly to alleviate your stress and get your home or business back to normal.
What’s Involved in Mold Remediation?
First, it’s important to understand the difference between “mold removal” and “mold remediation.”
Some mold and mildew spores will always occur naturally in the air; they can’t be totally “removed.” Mold remediation (also called “mold restoration”) is about stopping, cleaning up, and helping prevent mold infestations.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution for mold remediation; it depends on the cause and extent of the infestation. Every case is different. However, here are the steps that are generally involved:
- Inspection and assessment of the damage (including detecting hidden mold)
- Fixing the root cause of the mold growth, such as water damage or leaking plumbing
- Mold containment to prevent mold spores from spreading during treatment
- Filtration to help remove mold spores from the air and improve air quality
- Application of antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to remove mold colonies and help prevent re-infestation
- Removal and disposal of heavily infested, porous materials that can’t be treated (such as drywall and carpeting)
- Cleaning and disinfecting contents, such as furniture, draperies, clothing, and household goods
- Deodorization to remove lingering mold and mildew odors
- Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall replacement, carpet replacement and other repairs may be needed
Do You Suspect You May Have Mold? Contact Reddi Now
Mold can spread extremely quickly, sometimes within days. If you see visible mold or smell a strong musty odor—or if you’re dealing with flooding or water damage—you should take swift action. One call to Reddi takes care of it all. We’re here for you 24/7, with emergency service available.
One call is all it takes to start getting your home or business back to normal. Call Reddi at (316) 491-5111.
or call 491-5111